Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Simple Living #2

I haven't paid for a cup of coffee in 5 days! FIVE DAYS!

I've spent plenty of time in coffee shops too. For a matter of fact I'm sitting in YAKS right now and you know what? I brought my own coffee in! Ha! And yesterday I went to Starbucks...and brought my own coffee.

okay...so to some of you this may not seem like a huge deal but for me...it's incredible. I average about 3-4 cups of coffee a day...the first cup I usually get at my mom's office, the second YAKS, the third E. Cypress Starbs and the forth either from YAKS, E. Cypress or my coffee pot in my dorm room.
So I average about spending money on 2-3 cups of coffee daily.

Now I don't get any of those fancy drinks, I'm an Americano or Pikes Place drinker...so my drinks are normally under 2 dollars. Now it's math time...

$2 x's 2 = 4 (I'm brilliant...I know!)

4 x's 7 = $28

$28 dollars A WEEK!! on COFFEE! That is absolutely ridiculous!!! That's $112 dollars a month...do you know what I could do with an extra $112 dollars...so much.

So I think I'm off to a good start...I haven't paid for coffee in 5 days, I've drunken plenty of coffee. I've honestly gone to pay for Starbucks coffee and gotten it for free 4 times...and got a free coffee card too, that's pretty awesome. Someone told my it's the favor of Cafe con Christo.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

so proud of you hannah...I'll make you coffee whenever you need it..don't you worry..I will not let you go without!...love you!

amy coverdale said...

i love that you're figuring out how to simplify your life. it's so great to see hannah.. maybe you should do your body good and cut back on the coffee addiction..:) which would help the pocket book as well! :) just a thought... love you girl. pie club next week, okay?

Beth Dargis said...

Way to go! It's tough changing habits and you are doing great.