Monday, October 20, 2008

Last Night: Insane


So last night Nathan talked about the sexy elephant. Awesome. Seriously, Nate has such an amazing way of speaking about the things that no one wants to talk about...shedding light on the things the Church has hidden.

After each service Derrick had a specific word for the women and men. To the women he said that the no longer do we need to live in shame, that we need to know that we are enough.

So let me back up a little bit...for the past few months I have had several people approach me and speak out that I have a heart for women. Nate has specifically told me that he sees me disciplining women and being a voice for them. I received it but didn't really do anything with it. Honestly, I've never had a heart or women..actually, I like and connect with very few of them (especially those my age).

But last night something changed...when there (sorta) was a time of ministry at the end of 3rd gathering I started shaking. Now this usually happens when I am supposed to pray for someone. My life verse kept coming to mind and I was kind of frustrated by this, I asked God why this was the only verse that ever came to mind when I was praying for women...and it was like he clearly answered me, "BECAUSE THESE ARE THE WORDS I HAVE TO SAY TO THE WOMEN OF YOUR GENERATION! YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO SPEAK IT OVER THEM!"

Ha...awesome.

"The Lord will surely comfort Zion and will look with compassion on her ruins; he will make her deserts like Eden, her wastelands like the garden of the Lord. Joy and gladness will be found in her, thanksgiving and the sound of singing."

Isaiah 51:3

5 comments:

Jenna said...

That scripture just made my heart leap.

Sarah said...

umm..so got a little teary eyed reading this...because its true..you and women were meant to be..the gentle spirit that you are is going to minister to so many women..it seriously thrills my heart just thinking about it. Keep chasing after God in this area..he'll show you what to do..he already has:)

ps..you looked super cute today:)

Holly Macke said...

Hannah,
We have to talk sometime. This encourages me in a very profound way, and after you hear my story, you'll know why.

Jenna said...

welp. can't say God doesn't work in mysterious ways...

did your mom ever read those? "His Mysterious Ways"? kinda intense.

and hey... regardless of whether or not you and women were meant to be, i'm convinced you and jennas were meant to be... so yay! hey! i'm a jenna!!! :D

Chrishpqi said...

Offroad Parking Drive a Porsche Cayenne modded to a monster truck an Just great games for both PC and Mac! Includes dress up games, cooking games,Free games online, Tower Defence, Zombie games, Super Mario, free games, games online, online games, flash games, arcade games, free, online,FunOrb, free online browser-based games from Jagex Games Studio, the makers of RuneScape. Nitro is a 3D Casual racing game for iPhone and iPod touch