Wednesday, September 10, 2008

word vomit...

yeah...that kind. Sometimes it just happens. I don't know what comes over me but it happens quite often. I just get a surge of passion and I spill out this huge ridiculous sermon of a sort.

Tonight for instance...I don't know what it was, maybe it was the Prayer Night and I was just filled with crazy passion but we were discussing politics at In N' Out. I have a love/hate relationship with talking about politics. I'm usually careful who I discuss them with. But some kid asked me a question...and from that point on I could just feel the words making their way up my throat....

We were discussing the candidates and who stands for what and if what they say they stand for is credible...some how abortion got brought up...and then it came, the word vomit.

In about 5 seconds I said "I'm pro life but I believe no politician is ever going to make abortion illegal, so instead of wasting our time waving picket signs or putting tape over our mouths...why don't we pray that God moves in the hearts of the doctors and women and manipulative families. I'm tired of hearing about Christians who hate anyone who is not pro-life yet do nothing about solving the problem. I'm tired of people standing outside of abortion clinics but are not willing to adopt children or take care of single moms or walk along side women through the other options or help with the grief and the pain they are feeling. I don't like hearing Christians hating candidates because they are pro choice, but not looking at other the other good 'Christ like' things they do stand for...starting at the bottom by caring first for the least, no war or violence, health care for children...and the list goes on. I'm tired of it."

Yep that was my vomit. I felt like it wasn't me talking. And instead of cleaning up my vomit, I sat there silent. Maybe I didn't necessarily like the way I spilled all that out there in front of some people I barely knew, but I meant every word of it.

I think it's important to vote. I don't agree with either candidate wholly. They're politicians, they're not perfect in anyway. But I have to choose for me and not base my decision on one issue but over all.


So I had word vomit and then it turned into some blog vomit. Haha....good thing there was no real vomit tonight.

Goodnight. I have biblical backgrounds in the morning...oh joy!

4 comments:

Christian said...

good word hannah!

Cory Eighan said...

that should be a shirt

amy coverdale said...

hannah..I have read this post of yours about 5 times. I love it. I completely agree with you. As Christians-we're never going to completely agree with our politicians..and rightly so. If ever we do-we're in for some serious problems I think. and i TOTALLY agree with you on the abortion issue. It doesn't matter if abortion is legal or illegal, girls will still have them done...safely or unsafely. Our job is to love on those girls that hurt for so many years after the fact. To love on the doctors that perform the abortions..NOT condemn them. how in the hell will that show them love? seriously. ...
Coffee..anytime girl. I'm down. Wanna meet up at Yaks downtown later today? I'm free. Or if you want to come over for dinner tonight..you're more than welcome... email me...a_money137@yahoo.com.. love you honey.

Rosetta Borgic said...

I love it. Let God use your mouth, and good things will come of it, for sure.
From one word vomiter to another...keep up the good work.