Saturday, November 29, 2008

I'm sitting in front of a huge bay window....

And life is good.
I think I found my new favorite starbucks. Perfect for homework doing, except for the fact that I'm blogging and not writing my paper but this moment was too magical to not document!

So I'm at the Eureka Way Starbucks, I usually never venture away from East Cypress, but I heard they have nice chairs here. I'm sitting in front of this beautiful bay window, I have my headphones in...Glen Hansard...life is good. I'm watching the cars pass through this busy intersection, I love watching people who don't know they're being watch (in a totally none creepy way). There is something about the candidness of someone who is all alone in their own world. I wonder about what the stranger in the red Toyota Corolla is thinking or where the man in the blue Chevy Silverado is going. It's amazing to me that in a relatively small town like Redding, there are thousands of people that I will never meet, and even the people that I see for a mere second as they pause at the red light, I will most likely never see them again.

And this gets me thinking about the people I see all the time...some strangers, some not.

My best friend moved to Huntington Beach a few months ago, I would occasionally run into her mom, but not very often. I started to miss Steph's family...now I see her mom Kara at least 2 times a week! I just ran into her here at this Starbs. I was instant messaging with Steph and few minutes ago and she brought up the fact that we're both addicted to coffee so that could explain why I run into her at every coffee shop. But really...it's like always a different one, not only starbucks but YAKS too.

There's this other lady. I have no idea what her name is or where I know her from, but I know I know her. I see this women EVERYWHERE. I have even seen her outside of Redding. She has long curly brown hair and she wears black plastic framed glasses. I don't see her all the time, but enough times to remember her. It's really weird.

I don't understand how in a town like Redding there can be thousands of people I will never encounter, but some I see all the time. Do we all live in circles? and some people have the same circles as you? We have the same likes- coffee, art, ice cream, live music...and some people have other circles- cars, big trucks, beer, and crappy music (haha I had to think of the Redneck things that I have nothing to do with)?

Is it this town?

But then I'm reminded of a time I was on the bus in San Francisco. I love this city, and I'm planning on going for a little birthday trip in a few weeks (Hannahkuh...it's an annual Jewish tradition.)

Back to my story...I was on a bus, heading back into the city from Hunter's Point. There was a man on the bus drawing amazing sketches of people on the bus and giving them to them...there was another man that I noticed. He had earbuds in, and I could hear Dashboard Confessional quietly playing. He had great style, dark, dreads...basically...he was beautiful haha. He got off the bus at the stop right before ours. I said goodbye in my head, knowing it's a big city and I would never see him again. I was in H&M later that afternoon doing a little shopping. I went into the dressing room and there he was folding clothes! Absolutely crazy!

Okay, so now, I'm absolutely confused and I don't even know what or why I'm blogging. You probably are too, if you're even still reading.

Circles...people in circles. It's crazy to me...

7 comments:

Jenna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenna said...

he sounds beautiful...

and the fact that he wasn't running in the "crappy music" circle proves that you two just might run into each other again someday!

let me know when it happens. we'll celebrate with a foo foo drink.

Christian said...

weird... i am sitting in those same chairs right now. hahaha. really weird... . oh and the window is very nice, unless there are people sitting in the tables in front of the window.. then its kind of creepy.

bETH vAUGHN said...

I missed seeing your beautiful face tonight....
the bay window sounds beautiful..now all we need is to get some pedestrian action in Redding and the people watching will be fabulous! I LOVE people watching....especially when my eyes are hidden by a tinted window or dark sunglasses...haha
love you

Sarah said...

k so didn't realize I was not signed in....that comment was from me!

Sarah said...

sorry you got so confused! yeah the comment from beth was actually from me....sorry!
have a fabulous last week of class! love ya

nina said...

hannah, eureka way starbucks is one of my most favorite places in the entire world, and a place i miss terribly. i can't explain it. but it makes me happy to know you are enjoying it there : )