Monday, November 3, 2008

word vomit # 2


it's funny how every week i leave the stirring and i am immediately hit with something.

whether it happens when i'm at starbucks after or i'm home checking my facebook, i'm faced with some issue either having to do with what was discussed that evening or just the stirring in general.
it's not a bad thing, i actually think it's great.

tonight i got home and did my night ritual of checking blogspot, myspace, email and facebook. while i was on facebook, i noticed a friend had posted a note. curious, i clicked on it and started reading. with out saying the stirring, he basically bashed everything about us...along with saying we're surface and trendy on sunday nights...

i've been told i would face things like this, so i was okay with it; i expected it.

honestly, i do not care that sunday nights are surface, in fact, i'm glad they are. church is just a place of fellowhship. what the stirring does, where the growth and main learning comes from, happens during the week. the messages are surface, so we are forced to think, get into the word and talk with eachother...i do not want to be spoon fed jesus. i want to find him myself and with the people i live life with; intimately in my life group.

haha. there goes another case of word vomit.

2 comments:

Emily Branca said...

So, I just read that lovely little note of your friends... and honestly I'm heated. That guy was in my life group with Nate last year. What's his deal? I just don't think some people get it... I don't think he'll ever get it. So so frustrating!

Cory Eighan said...

That's a good word