Tuesday, May 6, 2008

today they come!


Sorry for the poor pic quality...it was a quick shot with my camera phone.

If you are not in the know, I live at Simpson University. I've lived here since I was 8 years old. And every year, after graduation, the campus is rented out to different organizations for the summer.

Today the Salvation Army ladies arrive. It would be so pleasant if it was the nice Salvation Army officers that came to visit, or even the bell ringers but no, they pick up these crazy old women from the inner city and bring them to good ol' Redding for a week.

Don't get me wrong...this is an awesome ministry! And they have been coming every summer for the past 10 years so I should be used to it, but I'm not and I don't think I ever will.

They are loud and crabby. They all smoke 8 packs of cigarettes a day, so there are hundreds of signs all over campus that say "NO SMOKING." HA! But you still see them squating between cars in the parking lot.

Oh! These women are crazy. I'm sure there will be more stories as they arrive. But seriously I love seeing hiding in the parking lot puffing away!

3 comments:

trisha loves to paint said...

i love that I am one of the 10 people on the planet that can truly appreciate this blog!

Kari said...

I thank you for writing about this!! I remember the year that one puked in the lobby and another one crapped her pants. NASTY!

Anonymous said...

I am sorry, that has interfered... At me a similar situation. I invite to discussion.