Tuesday, July 22, 2008

"we can do no great things, just small things with great love."

Just finished this book...

AWESOME!

Completely rocked my world. Where do I begin...

If you haven't read it, read it. What Shane Claiborne says will force you into authentic living...it starts with simply loving your neighbor. He challenges everything from loving the poor, social justice, violence and war, what it means to be a christian, the world of economics, patriotism, and the modern American church. He makes you think like crazy. It took me a while to finish this book, even though sometimes I could not put it down...I needed to process what I was reading and practice it.

I underlined, highlighted and wrote all over the margins, so much that I may need to buy my friend who lent it to me a new copy.

I wanted to insert a quote here, but I could not find just one...so just read it for yourself, you won't regret it. And I'm praying about leading a life group in the fall and go through this book, so if you're interested let me know or if you'd want to help me lead it...I'd love it!
Now I'm on to unChristian...just checked it out of the library (new favorite place). Can't wait to get started!

3 comments:

Emily Branca said...

I WANT TO READ THAT BOOOOOOK! I have to add it to my list... ug, the list just gets longer and longer b/c i have no time to read. BAAAAAAA. Okay. love you Hannah, and you must lead a life group in the fall. i think you would be amazing!

amy coverdale said...

aaaaahhhh. i love that book. it kills me everytime i read it. i just got it back from rosetta and I think i'm going to read it for a 3rd time :) how cool would it be if we could get Shane to come out and rock the stirring?.... I might be interested in helping out with an Irresistible Life Group:) oohh, good name, eh? :) take care lady!

Alyssa said...

I also loved this book, I loaned it out because I think everyone should read it, and now it is forever gone, hopefully it is being passed around so everyone can enjoy it!!