Thursday, July 10, 2008

Day from...well let's just be honest...HELL



You knows those days when you wake up, you have a huge zit right in the middle of your forehead and you just know it's not going to be a good day?
That was today.

9am...I got to work and it began...Dr's freaking out because he has no idea what he's doing...
"I'm sorry! I didn't know my job was to look like an idiot so you don't have to!"
Well...that's what I wish I could have said, but then I would have been jobless...

Worked 8 hours in total stress mode...

6pm...got off work and was driving home and thought to stop my Michael's craft store to pick up some supplies so I could finish the painting that is in my last blog...

6:30pm Get into car in Michael's/Cost Plus parking lot...turn key...car makes funny noise...doesn't start. I call my mom so she can come to my rescue. I hang up the phone and realize that I have her car key in my purse! Thank God she found a key to my dad's car that basically has no brakes, and arrived shortly there after.

7pm...Mom calls car club place for a tow truck..,

7:30pm...waiting
8pm...still waiting

8:30...Tow truck man arrives and jumps my battery...he tells us to go straight to Walmart to buy a new battery and to not turn off my car!

8:35pm...Sitting in my car at the Hilltop and Dana drive intersection...car dead...again! I immediately turn my flashers on but you can barely see them since my battery is dead.

8:40pm...Nice man named Jesse in a Nissan Marano pulls up next to me and offers to help in anyway. I get in his car and he takes me to Walmart so I can meet my mom and get a new battery.

8:45...Arrive at Walmart...run into the auto department and yell, "I have a 1988 Volvo sedan 240 DL and I need a battery!!!!" A nice man with a pony tail (which reminded me of my dad and how I wish he was here with me and not in the middle of Kansas on a bicycle!) Got the battery I needed, explained somethings to me and then I handed him 87 bucks and I was out the door to wait for my mom.

8:52pm...My mom and I realize we have no idea how to change a battery.

8:53pm...I start hyperventalating.

8:55pm...Mom calls her amazing boss Joe, who just happens to be at Chevy's and he and a guy come to help us out! My mom put the car in neutral and they rolled the car out of the middle of the intersection...while I am directing traffic because I am wearing bright yellow and red scrubs with ladybugs all over them and cars could not miss me!

8:56pm...Lady cop arrives saying they got a call reporting an abandoned Volvo in the middle of Hilltop. (HA!)

8:57pm...the amazing Emily and Brett Faulknor are waiting at the light and turn around to help us out!

Turns out I have no tools in my car so we had to Run to Big Lots to get a wrench!

9:00pm Brett, Joe, and David (I think that's his name) save the day and get the old battery out and the new one in...and I am on my way home!!!

Needless to say I was bawling my eyes out this whole time because I am hypoglycemic and I hadn't eating in 8 hours therefore I was not able to control my emotions well...and I have only had my license for 7 months so this was new and stressful!!!
10pm...go to starbucks...order venti iced americano...sit with friends and try to decompress

12am...Can't fall asleep because of the venti americano.

Good news...tomorrow is Friday!

2 comments:

amy coverdale said...

ugh.. those days. and it probably did not help that it was 113 out! Sorry you had such a poopy day. I hope today is WAY relaxing for you!!

Yvette Frazier said...

ugh.. those days. and it probably did not help that it was 113 out! Sorry you had such a poopy day. I hope today is WAY relaxing for you!!