Monday, February 2, 2009

I can rest assured...because I belong to you.

I have had this blog in me for a few days but I couldn't seem to write it out...until now.

God is doing so much in me lately. It's been tough...really tough, but I feel like I've gone through 2 years of growth in 4 days...and I'm learning so much about me, the people around me and my future. I actually forgot how old I was today...funny. I thought I was twenty...a small difference, but really...it's been that long of a week...

Along with the growth God is truly calling something out in me. I feel like this whole week, in midst of all the growth (I need a thesaurus...growth is getting old) God is calling out the child in me; the little girl. Through the heartache of this week, He has given me an uncontrollable joy. I have been holding a genuine smile on my face, a smile that I can feel, a feeling I forgot.

As Heather and I drove back from our day trip in Mt. Shasta City on Saturday, I watched the sky. I was completely dumbfounded by the huge periwinkle blue sky, I felt so small between the mountains, looking up at the heavens. I felt so small. I smiled as I watched the sky turn. I was fixated on one cloud that didn't seem to fit with the surrounding landscape. I thought, "Hey Jesus...that cloud isn't the prettiest color, it's mauve...I'm not the biggest fan of mauve."

As soon as we made our way into Redding, the sun continued to disappear and as it did the mauve cloud turned into the BRIGHTEST most beautiful hot pink with a purple lining! Again I felt so small, and I smiled amazed at how great our Father is. He loves me, his daughter, so much that He desires to change a mauve colored cloud into the most beautiful thing, for me, His small little daughter.

It was just a small reminder, that during all the craziness of life, He wants me to be happy...not only a small fake smile, but an overflowing joy that can only be found in a daughter as she is held in the arms of her Father.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

You're beautiful Hannah. Thank you for sharing.

Left you a comment back on mine...can't wait to hear more about your week...just let me know when:)

Danae said...

I have seen your genuine smile...:) I'm so proud of you and your GROWTH :) and your life. It's encouraging to see how you are allowing God to mold you in this time. I love you. :)

James Spencer said...

What an awesome joy to have... only for a daughter held in the arms of her father (that's awesome Hannah!!!!!!)!!!!!

Heather said...

Just for you Hannah... :)

I thoroughly enjoyed our time together Saturday. I loved sharing stories and hearing and seeing what God is doing in you. He has such HUGE plans for your life! Just the fact that what He has done in you in a matter of days seemed like something that should have taken two years speaks volumes! I'm so proud of you for listening to His call on your life and opening yourself up to that to allow Him to work in you! You are so beautiful inside and out Hannah! Keep listening and being obedient! I love you so much. :)

Jenna said...

Whatever you do, wherever you go...
you DO belong to Him Hannah Klose.

And NOTHING can separate you from that deep deep love of Christ.

I remember the little girl at Risen King youth group, who made my Thursday nights worth everything I was putting into them. I didn't expect it, but God told me that I belonged to Him AS I watched Him begin "growing" in you that same truth...

You, my dear, HAVE "grown" (no thesaurus necessary... that is exactly how I would describe it...)
I'm so very proud of you.