Thursday, January 1, 2009

It's a new dawn, it's a new day

and a happy new year.

This morning I woke up and I think it was some kinda "freaky Friday" but "freaky Thursday" deal going on. Last night was New Years Eve, it did not feel like it at all. I hung out with my best friend Steph at her house, watching The Duchess, eating ice cream and in bed before 2am. All the while my parents were at Matt and Kendall's, playing Rockband, having a good ol' time and were not even home until 3:30am...Now I'm home from Steph's house and they are still sleeping.

So weird.

On another note, being that it's the New Year I thought I'd welcome in 2009 with a blog, I know my blogs have become scarce and far in between, but I'm pretty sure you all have gotten used to it.

I've never been a goal oriented person. If I ever set goals I usually forget about them, so I never know if I achieve them or not. Mostly, I think this is because I don't look to far into the future; I live in right now. It's not that I don't have dreams, I have plenty of dreams...

I would love to travel Europe (Norway, Sweden, England, Holland, Russia and so on.
I would love to one day open a Fair Trade and local artisan store called Hannah's Kloset.
I would love to work in India, Thailand, or Uganda.

But I have no idea when I will do these things, and it doesn't really matter. I could easily say I want to do all these things within the next ten years, but really, how realistic is that? I'm not trying to be a downer for people who have goals, but for me, I just can't do it. Life happens and far too many times have a put all my...whats the saying...something in a basket...let's say I have put all my pine cones in one basket and something changed or God has lead me on another path. From this point in my life, I know what God has lead me through has molded me into the person I am and I am grateful for where He has brought me...but at all costs I am going to avoid the disappointment and depression that I have already gone through.

I think this is starting to sound depressing.

For those dreams I have, there is no doubt in my mind that I won't do them but it may be when I'm in my 50's or 60's and that is completely okay. Because life happens, in the next year I see myself finishing the semester with passing grades (there's a resolution), putting on an amazing Erase the Dark, having great times with friends and family and continuing my journey following Christ. So I guess I laid out some pretty good goals for me...but who knows after that? Not me.

0 comments: