Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas...

I got the last thing I wanted...my purse stolen.

I mean...I'm used to losing things but I've never been robbed until today. Pretty ridiculous!

I was at the Cascade, after the Christmas Eve service. I was selling The Christmas Star DVD's for the Stirring. I had finished up and was just closing down, putting everything away, counting the money and so on...we had to give the Cascade 10% of our profits for them letting us selling them there, so I turned around to give the lady the money and she had left the lobby...
I had a feeling she had gone into the theater so I left everything there in the lobby.

I was gone seriously 20 seconds...there were people I knew in the lobby and I was almost positive the host had locked all the doors already. I walked back and my purse was gone...with my blackberry, license, all my keys and $80 cash.

I'm so thankful they only grabbed my purse and left the bank bag with all the stirring's money.
But it still sucks...definitely the anti Christmas miracle. haha.

It might sound cheesy...but I keep hearing in my head the song that goes "you give and take away...you give and take away. MY heart will choose to say, Lord, blessed be your name." I just hope who ever took my purse needed the cash more than me and enjoys my blackberry. And I'm not going to let this small tragedy ruin Jesus' birthday...Merry Christmas! love you all!

3 comments:

Jenna said...

You're incredible.

Wish I could have been there with you last night!

[...I would've numb-chucked(sp?) whoever took your purse in the knee and then karate chopped their wrist...and your purse would've flown back into your hands and been safe once again]

Miss you!!

Merry Christmas ("happy birthday Jesus, dunnuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuuuuhhhhhhh!!!")

nathan said...

hannah ... so sorry about your purse ... i wish I had been there ... I would have chased that guy down and punched him in the neck ... I'm really fast ... and I've been working out ... I'll see you Sunday ...

Jenna said...

oh man... that guy's in for it if BOTH nate and i ever run into him...