Saturday, April 26, 2008

a different outlook or outfit

So I'm sitting in the mount shasta mall, waiting while my friend bekah is trying on summer dresses. [I'm on my brand new Blackberry by the way] But that's not why I'm writing. I was walking around this store and I can't believe how cheap everything is.

But these good deals don't scream, “BUY ME!” They yell, “I was made buy a women in India who makes 20 cents an hour” and I lose all interest.

Maybe this is why most Americans refuse to realize or care where their consumer items come from, because then they would have to feel guilty.

I think we need to care where things come from, and maybe dish out a little more cash. I believe it's worth it. Do you?

2 comments:

jamie ann said...

Good post! I try to think about that sometimes, maybe not enough.
Everything about you inspires me Hannah...you and your La La singing Blackberry are so cute! =)

An Unlikely Retirement said...

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I've actually made myself a promise that my clothes this year will be secondhand - so that my money is either going to a charity or to another family. Except for underclothes and swimsuits - I just can't go there. So I'm looking for a brand that values their workers.