Thursday, April 2, 2009

I had to laugh a little...

to keep myself from punching someone in the neck...

I was in my Oral Comm class listening to speeches.

One kid spoke on the 2nd Amendment...haha oh joy...I knew where he was going.
He actually quoted scripture...he didn't say the verse address but I'm pretty sure he took it out of context from Luke 22...when Jesus says "...if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one." He followed this by "IT IS GOD's WILL FOR YOU TO BARE ARMS!"

HA! That's when I lost it, I couldn't look at him and take him seriously.

Doesn't Jesus also tell Peter "for all who draw the sword will die by the sword"?

Okay...word vomit complete. On to happier things.
Slumdog Millionaire comes out on DVD today, I'm going to buy it right after this class (yes...I'm in Sociology, it's not that interesting)!

Women's retreat tomorrow. I'm so excited...but I'm also bummed about missing out on the stuff going on back in Redding...I hate missing out on stuff. I think it comes from when I was a little kid. Every time I would spend the night at my grandma's, my mom and brother would do something really fun without me, and I would get so angry! haha...since then, even when I'm doing something fun like women's retreat or playing dress up and watching Nick as Nite (like at Grandma's) I don't want to miss anything.

Next weekend I'm going to Long Beach to spend time with my best friends Stephanie and Jesse, so pumped! And I really want my brother to drive up from San Diego and spend Easter with me...hopefully!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I thoroughly enjoy your word vomits...:)
Slumdog Millionaire is seriously one of my new favorite movies....love it!!
and love you!!..can't wait to see you tons this weekend:)

Danae said...

heehehe :) I'm glad I got an in-person taste of this this morning at breakfast. :) I love you Hannah Rae!!!

Emily Branca said...

HANNAH! I'm so the same way! I hate missing out on the fun times being had by people who AREN'T out of town, at Grandma's house, or on a women's retreat... but just know that ALL of the cool peeps will be away on the women's retreat... not to worry. everybody who ISN'T on the retreat will be missing out :)

Cory Eighan said...

I can see support for the 2nd amendment in the means of defending ourselves or needing to defeat our enemies...but the question would be who are "enemies" and when do we "need" to...

Aubrey Raper said...

oh Hannah...i love your cute little head with your big thoughts... :)
Slumdog Millionaire IS amazing...